Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Sparkly New Year

OK so it's not like I'm going to an extravagant New Year's Eve party this year. (More of a laid-back thing with a few close friends.) But I've decided that I want to wear an extravagant New Year's Eve outfit. Always wanted to, never have, this is the year. I want the classic NYE look: black dress, black tights, sparkly silver accessories, and I even want to wear heels! Which I have not done in years. Not even to my wedding. Speaking of my wedding, I have gained like 10 lbs since that MF-er.

Anyway, not wanting to spend much (especially not on a 10-lbs-over-my-ideal-weight dress), so my plan is to hit up TJ Maxx first, then make the long grueling drive to Forever 21 if that doesn't work out. And my pre-New Year's resolution is to look up how to use the timer on my camera so I can take a pic of myself in whatever party outfit I come up with.


2 comments:

Robiana said...

Love these goals. I did this last year. Well, no heels. I still have to teach myself how to use the self timer everytime I use it. Blah. Anywho, it's how I shot my fall pics this year. Better than arm's length for the past four years! Can't wait to see the photos. Wish I could join ya'll!

Betsey said...

So far no luck in finding an outfit. Maybe this isn't the year. Or maybe it will come together at the last minute. I have learned how to use the self timer, but not how to take a good picture of myself. I need to find the good light and the good angles. Wish you could join us too!