Friday, January 20, 2012

Homesick Texan Thursday

{ Homesick Texan Tuesday fell on a Thursday this week. }

Ever since I became obsessed with the Homesick Texan and Tex-Mex cooking, I've been having all sorts of strange new thoughts while grocery shopping. Thoughts like...


"Kroger isn't stocking poblanos 2 weeks in a row?
What's up with that!"

"Why does no one carry chorizo?"

"That bunch of cilantro looks a little skimpy to me."


So funny. There was a time I would not even eat Mexican food, ask my mom.

~

So for this week's Tex-Mex dinner night I made two recipes from HT's blog:



 Found it!



The green sauce was interesting. You put all of these green things into a pot; green tomato, tomatillo, jalapeno (and garlic). You cook it for a little bit; then run it through the food processor, along with avocado and cilantro; then stir sour cream into that mixture.

Before stirring.

Green Chile Hominy Casserole with Chorizo

Good combination. The casserole was hot & spicy, and the green sauce was cool & creamy.

{ Quote of the Day }

Josh: OK you should be eating that. Eat it, don't tweet it.



No comments: