Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Why Cook Fancy?

Why do I prepare elaborate meals on a regular basis?
1. You gotta eat, so you might as well eat good. I believe that eating delicious, not-so-processed meals, prepared at home with love, sends a ripple effect of goodness through the body and soul. Eating well is just a top priority for me and my husband.

2. Cooking puts me in a good mood. (And trust me, I need all the natural anti-depressants I can get.)

3. To avoid cleaning. I hate cleaning. I don't mind straightening, but I'm pretty sure I have a huge mental block when it comes to de-griming various surfaces around the house. For instance, all of my doors are like dirty. They have like dirt and dust on them. And it bugs the crap out of me. But what am I supposed to do? Take out a rag and clean them?  Seriously? When there's cheese to be grated and tomatillos to be chopped and cookies to be made and bread to be kneaded? Come to think of it, that's probably why I blog, too. To avoid cleaning.

No comments: