That's a redbug. (Formerly known to me as a chigger.) And the redbug is the official mascot of Fordyce, Arkansas! I got 12 cups in 3 different sizes. This is the medium size.
Anyway, I thought I would share my mac & cheese recipe since a couple of friends showed an interest on FB. This started out as a Southern Living recipe, but I changed some stuff to make it exactly to my taste. Hope you like it too!
Mac & Cheese
8 oz elbow macaroni
1 cup (4 oz) shredded Cheddar
1 cup (4 oz) Velveeta Shreds (you will find this next to the shredded cheese in the store)
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground red (cayenne) pepper
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- In a medium bowl, toss cheeses to combine.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over med-lo heat; whisk in cornstarch until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, 2 min. Gradually whisk in milk, and cook, whisking constantly, 5 min or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in salt, black and red pepper, 1 cup cheese mixture, and cooked pasta.
- Spoon pasta mixture into a lightly greased 2-qt baking dish; top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 20 min or until bubbly. Let stand 10 min before serving. Makes 2 to 3 main-dish or 4 to 6 side-dish servings.
If you divide this recipe into 8 servings (like I usually do) each serving will have about 265 calories. Not bad! Josh likes to sprinkle coarse sea salt on his to give it a crunch.