Thursday, February 2, 2012

Lemon Water

I told Josh the other day that I was slowly poisoning myself with Diet Coke. He takes this subject very seriously, because he believes that I really am. And hell, I really could be!

Hell, back in the day, people used to wear makeup made out of poison, and they would die!

photo source

And back in the slightly more recent day, people used to take mercury as medicine. Who's to say we modern people aren't guzzling a completely toxic 0-calorie soft drink? What makes us so much smarter than people of generations past? Science? Maybe. But what about the bazillion dollar Diet Coke industry? And while we're at it, what about the multi-bazillion dollar pharmaceutical industry? What about those ads for Abilify that liken depression to a blue Snuggie that you can shed as soon as you start popping this highly potent (and I'd say highly questionable) pharmaceutical. 

photo source

STUPID!

Stay healthy, stay off drugs if you can help it, and for God's sake lay off the Diet Coke. That's what I'm doing. 


Lemon water helps. 

No comments: