Sunday, April 1, 2012

Culinary Capers Ingredient of the Week: Tea

So I've decided to implement a new life strategy, which involves me making homemade flour tortillas at least once a week. Also homemade refried beans with bacon grease. 

 
Anyway, the Culinary Capers ingredient of the week is tea. Interesting choice, right? I made chai-spiced fruit compote with yogurt.

I used dates instead of prunes and craisins instead of apricots.

It was OK-ish.

{OK I didn't like it.}

But I do like the concept of infusing fruit with chai tea and honey. I just think it would be better with fresh fruit. I don't know what fruit. Peaches maybe? Yeah, peaches. Honey-chai peaches served over frozen yogurt sprinkled with toasted almonds. That sounds nommy.

So Marta's got me thinking...

Now that we've done tea, someone needs to make coffee the ingredient of the week!

1 comment:

james said...

It's the best time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you some interesting things or tips. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I wish to read even more things about it!
Chocolate tea