Sunday, July 15, 2012

Cherry Almond Streusel Bars


I bought these cherry preserves sort of a long time ago because I needed a tiny bit for some icing for a Cherry Coke sheet cake that turned out to be kinda lame. Ever since then, I've been on the look-out for something to make with the rest of it. Then, a few days ago, I discovered Shugary Sweets and the perfect recipe. I got to use up exactly the rest of the jar of cherry preserves, and I got to use almond paste. 

{Almond paste...} 

Obviously Aimee used different kinds of preserves than I did, but I'm wild about cherry + almond.


I piped on the cream cheese frosting.  It was like a big ol' toaster strudel.


Island aftermath.
 
 
Post-oven.

~

Thanks to Aimee at Shugary Sweets, I found 2 recipes that I really needed in my life. This one, and a recipe for maple toffee meringues.

{And we'll talk about that later.}

No comments: